June 15, 2021
In this episode we discuss the General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR) and the extension of the deadline for it to come into play.
Phil Booth, coordinator, MedConfedential
Osman Bhatti, east London GP
Anne Marie Cunningham, GP in Wales and CCIO Network member
Andrea Downey, senior reporter, Digital Health
June 1, 2021
In this episode we hear from the four finalists of this year's Digital Health Rewired Pitchfest competition about what it's like being a start-up in the NHS.
• Dr Mridula Pore – CEO Peppy Health
• Dr Dafydd Loughran – CEO Concentric Health
• Dr Stephen Katebe – Director Tekihealth Solutions
• Dr Ash Kalraiya – CEO MediShout
Tune in to hear all about how the pandemic has changed the start-up space and what advice our finalists have for other start-ups working in the NHS.
May 18, 2021
As more Covid restrictions are eased across England, Digital Health Unplugged asks if the momentum we've seen with digital services during the pandemic can be maintained.
• Dr Rishi Das-Gupta, Chief Executive of the Health Innovation Network South London
• Ruth Bradbury, Senior Navigator at DigitalHealth.London
• Luke Readman, Regional Director Digital Transformation, NHS England
• Aasha Cowey, Programme Manager NHS South, Central and West
May 4, 2021
A recent report from the King's Fund found a “lack of clear responsibility” and leadership for digital technology in the NHS has led to a “social care gap” which risks the sector getting left behind.
In the podcast the Digital Health News team and special guest from the Faculty of Clinical Informatics delve into the report and what it means for digital technology in the NHS and social care.
You'll hear from:
- Andrea Downey, host Digital Health Unplugged
- Hannah Crouch, editor Digital Health News
- Jon Hoeksma, editor-in-chief Digital Health
- Jonathan Kay, chair of the Faculty of Clinical Informatics and member of the Digital Health CCIO Network
April 6, 2021
This episode takes a look at New Zealand's response to Covid-19 and the lesson learned on that side of the globe.
Tune in to hear keynote talks from Digital Health Rewired 2021. You'll hear from:
- Shayne Hunter, deputy director general of data and digital at Ministry of Health New Zealand
- Ruth Large, deputy chair of the New Zealand Telehealth Forum and clinical director of virtual care for Waikato District Health Board
- Nigel Miller, chief medical officer for the Southern District Health Board
March 23, 2021
Host Andrea Downey spoke to Helen Milner, CEO Good Things Foundation; Surriya Walters, digital social inclusion outreach manager Good Things Foundation; and Peter Nuckley, deputy director mHabitat about their work with NHS Digital on improving digital participation.
Their work on the 'Widening Digital Participation' programme aimed to identify why technology and digital health solutions have a low uptake, or are unavailable to some communities, and how to address that gap.
March 9, 2021
Members of the Digital Health Advisory Panel, James Reed, CCIO Network chair; Ade Byrne, CIO Network chair; Anne Marie Cunningham of the CCIO Network; and Jon Hoeksma, Digital Health's editor-in-chief, take a look at plans to reform the NHS.
It follows proposed plans for NHSX to be merged into a 'transformation directorate' and a government white paper for health and care that aims to deliver a more joined up health and care system, capitalising on better use of data during the Covid-19 pandemic.
February 23, 2021
Last year we recorded an edition of Unplugged with special guest host Hannah Crouch, Digital Health's editor, who invited a panel to discuss whether they think the two organisations should join together.
The panel was made up of, Luke Redman, Regional Director Digital Transformation, NHS London; Philip Graham, Digital Programme Director Blackpool Teaching Hospitals; and Mandy Griffin, Director Digital Health, The Health Informatics Service, as well as senior reporter and regular podcast host Andrea Downey.
Tune in to hear them discuss whether NHS Digital and NHSX should merge.
February 9, 2021
Hear from our keynote speaks from our digital transformation of medicine session at Digital Health Rewired 2021, 15-19 March.
- Henrietta Bowden-Jones OBE, consultant psychiatrist
- Katerina Spranger, CEO of Oxford Heartbeat
- Christian Guttmann, vice president and global head of AI and data at TietoEVRY
- Tim Ringrose of the Royal Society of Medicine's Digital Health Council
Our panelists discuss their own experience in using technology to deliver better care for patients, innovating in clinical areas, as well as the role of leadership in digitising medicine.