August 24, 2021
In this episode we take a look at diversity in digital leadership with the Shuri Network.
A lot has happened in the last year for the Network, from setting up bursaries for members to join the Faculty of Clinical Informatics (FCI) to establishing a shadowing programme to help younger members learn from those already working in tech in the NHS.
-Nicole Wong, Junior Technical Analyst, Cyber, NHS South, Central and West
-Di Bullman, Workstream Lead, Digital Readiness Programme, Health Education England
-Rafiah Patel, Chief Digital Ethics & Privacy Officer, Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
August 10, 2021
In this episode we take a look at Amanda Pritchard's appointment as NHS England's new CEO - and the first female chief executive of NHS England.
Joining host Andrea Downey is:
Aasha Cowey, Strategic Transformation Lead at Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Will Smart, Global Director External Relations, Dedalus
Hannah Crouch, Editor, Digital Health
As well as looking at the significance of digital transformation being in Pritchard's job description, the panel also speak about the significant step forward for female representation in the NHS.
July 27, 2021
Host Andrea Downey chats one-on-one with Liz O'Riordan, consultant breast surgeon and award-winning co-author of 'The Complete Guide to Breast Cancer: How to Feel Empowered and Take Control'.
O'Riordan speaks about her own breast cancer diagnosis in 2015 and her experience of the health system from a patient's perspective.
Despite her work as a breast cancer surgeon, O'Riordan said her experience in the consulting room hadn't prepared her for the experience of being a patient, adding that technology provided access to information when she needed it the most.
July 13, 2021
In this episode we take a look at the government's draft data strategy, Data Saves Lives: Reshaping health and care with data.
Tune in to hear more about the strategy from:
- David Hancock, Healthcare Executive Advisor, InterSystems
- Catherine Dampney, Director of BI Innovation & Transformation, NHS South, Central and West
- Monica Jones, Chief Data Officer, HDRUK Hub for Cancer DATA-CAN
- Jon Hoeksma, editor-in-chief Digital Health
Our panel discuss what the strategy got right, what it got wrong, and what it was missing.
June 29, 2021
Queertech encompasses digital health tools that are designed to be inclusive of the LGBT+ community - both new tools and technology that's been around for a while.
Tune in to hear from:
- Brett Hatfield, NHS Navigator at the accelerator DigitalHealth.London
- Mathew Watt, Senior Delivery Manager of Innovation, NHSX
- Lizzie Streeter, National LGBT programme manager at NHSE
- Paul Gavin, Deputy Director of health inequalities at NHSE
June 15, 2021
In this episode we discuss the General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR) and the extension of the deadline for it to come into play.
Phil Booth, coordinator, MedConfedential
Osman Bhatti, east London GP
Anne Marie Cunningham, GP in Wales and CCIO Network member
Andrea Downey, senior reporter, Digital Health
June 1, 2021
In this episode we hear from the four finalists of this year's Digital Health Rewired Pitchfest competition about what it's like being a start-up in the NHS.
• Dr Mridula Pore – CEO Peppy Health
• Dr Dafydd Loughran – CEO Concentric Health
• Dr Stephen Katebe – Director Tekihealth Solutions
• Dr Ash Kalraiya – CEO MediShout
Tune in to hear all about how the pandemic has changed the start-up space and what advice our finalists have for other start-ups working in the NHS.
May 18, 2021
As more Covid restrictions are eased across England, Digital Health Unplugged asks if the momentum we've seen with digital services during the pandemic can be maintained.
• Dr Rishi Das-Gupta, Chief Executive of the Health Innovation Network South London
• Ruth Bradbury, Senior Navigator at DigitalHealth.London
• Luke Readman, Regional Director Digital Transformation, NHS England
• Aasha Cowey, Programme Manager NHS South, Central and West
May 4, 2021
A recent report from the King's Fund found a “lack of clear responsibility” and leadership for digital technology in the NHS has led to a “social care gap” which risks the sector getting left behind.
In the podcast the Digital Health News team and special guest from the Faculty of Clinical Informatics delve into the report and what it means for digital technology in the NHS and social care.
You'll hear from:
- Andrea Downey, host Digital Health Unplugged
- Hannah Crouch, editor Digital Health News
- Jon Hoeksma, editor-in-chief Digital Health
- Jonathan Kay, chair of the Faculty of Clinical Informatics and member of the Digital Health CCIO Network